Circa allows you to connect Salesforce Campaigns with Events, so you can track Event Info, Contacts, and Meetings across all of your Campaigns.
Salesforce Campaigns Overview
Salesforce Campaigns serve as the basis for tracking any kind of marketing ROI in Salesforce by allowing you to analyze the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns based on your own parameters. You can easily define your goals, such as lead generation, increase sales, etc. and you can also categorize your Campaigns specifically for data reporting. For example, you can use them to analyze whether trade shows or conference sponsorships are giving you a better ROI.
For a more detailed explanation of how to structure, define and utilize Campaigns in Salesforce visit the Salesforce Trailhead Campaign Basics Module.
Campaigns vs Lead Source
We recommend connecting Leads and Contacts to Campaigns in Salesforce rather than using the Lead Source field attached to Salesforce Contacts for the following reasons:
- Contacts can be associated with multiple Campaigns to show their full history of interactions with your company.
- As a single field, Lead Source is limiting because it can only represent one "touch" in the sales process while most sales processes are multi-touch.
- As a picklist, Lead Source becomes difficult to manage when it has more than a few high level values.
Campaign Influence and Reporting
Campaign Influence and Reporting are automated Salesforce tools that show the influence of Campaigns on Opportunities, as well as data that allows the marketing team to see the effectiveness of Campaigns.
This means that by connecting Circa Events with Salesforce Campaigns, you can give your Events credit for driving Leads and Meetings that can lead to closed Opportunities, allowing you to directly track Event ROI.
Event Campaign sync capabilities
By connecting Salesforce Campaigns with Circa Events, you can:
- Automatically sync Leads from business cards scanned with Circa to Salesforce Campaigns in realtime.
- Enrich Campaign Reporting via Event Info Sync.
- Update Leads or Contacts as Campaign Members via Contacts Sync.
- Relate Meetings, including Notes, with Campaigns via Meetings Sync.